The Needles is one of the Heritage Great Britain's attractions. The code of website was old and wasn't using proper MVC pattern. It also didn't offer CMS functionality. Design wasn't responsive and wasn't very attractive in means of todays design of websites.
The developers team basically was one persons team. The project had needs of special functionality and therefore I decided to use own CMS developed in previous project landsend-landmark and improved in next, lightwatervalley, by making changes required in this project and improving our own CMS where possible.
- own CMS built on top of Laravel 4.2 framework using composer and PSR4 autoloader
- improved CMS in backend. Improved templates and their management in backend. Improved media manager and management of images on website. Implemented redirecting tool.
- mySQL for storing all data locally. Imported data from previous website.
- gathering information about website needs from agreed proposal and requests list and asking questions about functionality
- using of Pivotal Tracker for tracking progress
- using code repository in GIT
- provided staging server for stakeholders for approvals and change requests and to see the progress of project's current state