lightwatervalley.co.ukdeveloped by Stefan Kecskes on
Lightwater Valley is one of the Heritage Great Britain's attractions. The code of website was old and wasn't using proper MVC pattern. It also didn't offer CMS functionality. Design wasn't responsive and wasn't very attractive in means of todays design of websites.
The developers team basically was one persons team. The project had needs of special functionality and therefore I decided to use own CMS developed in previous project landsend-landmark, make changes required in this project and improve CMS where possible.
- own CMS built on top of Laravel 4.2 framework using composer and PSR4 autoloader
- improved CMS (backend and frontend, users and pages administration)
- mySQL for storing all data locally
- working on own, gathering information about website needs from agreed proposal and requests list and asking questions about functionality
- using of Pivotal Tracker for tracking progress, splitting project into smaller tickets, planning tickets for each task, tracking current state of project and managing priorities
- using code repository in GIT
- provided staging server for stakeholders for approvals and change requests and to see the progress of project's current state